Friday 4 October 2013

The moment lust turns into love


My Sexy Saturday Week #19

Well here goes--my attempt at following all the rules and managing to participate in a blog hop for the first time. I've been a little nervous about sharing my work this way, because I'm new at all of this, and because I'm afraid I'll make a mistake.

I had no trouble finding seven sexy paragraphs from one of my contemporary erotic romance novels. Today I've chosen a snippet from the first novel in the Black Virgin Trilogy, called Cult of the Black Virgin.

This series was inspired by a fabulous trip I took to the southwest of France. I was blown away by the beauty of the Dordogne region--its landscapes, cuisine, wines and architecture. Then I saw the Black Virgin of Rocamadour, and when I researched the history of this artifact I was thrilled. The Cult of the Virgin that swept across Europe in the Middle Ages gave me plenty of  ideas for an erotically-charged story involving an American woman who meets a Frenchman she simply can't resist.

This excerpt depicts the moment that Joanna realizes that her lust for Lucien has morphed into something deeper. I hope you like it!

                                                                   *  *  *

  Luc carried Joanna along with him to some otherworldly place where all that she was, her very consciousness, was caught up in a rolling series of wave after wave of something absolutely primordial in its power, something that originated deep inside her. She felt she was no longer a human being, made of muscle and bone, but a sea creature, all soft jelly and fluid, pivoting around a hard stalk of such intense pleasure that she would dissolve around it and float away. She would disseminate, and be gone.
  How long was Luc able to carry them through this fluidity of space and time? She didn’t know. And eventually she came back into herself, wet and trembling, insides still rhythmically contracting, with him lying beside her, stroking her hair and telling her to get under the blankets for a few moments.
  They lay together, bodies entwined. Never had she felt such a powerful emotional and sexual connection to a man. Never could she have imagined that mind and body could work together so beautifully, to each intensify the pleasure of the other, so that it wasn’t just sex anymore. It was more than sex. Last time was fucking, amazing as it was—this was something else. She felt awe.
  I’d call it love, if I didn’t know better.
  She thought of the Chinese concept of Yin and Yang, admired the symmetry of and principle behind the black and white symbol, each side containing the germ of the other side’s qualities, halfway wrapped around each other, seeming to be in perpetual motion, a turning and rolling together that was never ending. She felt a new respect for the ancient concepts of male and female, dark and light, in their similarities and differences, in their quest for union and harmony.
  Yes. That’s it—the harmony of a perfect fit. Luc and I are a perfect fit.
  Eyes closed, she inhaled her lover, treasuring the feeling of her skin stuck to his, as if he possessed the strength of the magnet, and she was the powerless, passive metal.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! Welcome to My Sexy Saturday - your debut entry rocks! I love the interplay between her body's experience and her marvelous brain - this is a total experience. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Adriana. My link actually works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to My Sexy Saturday. You snippet is hot and sexy and everything an excerpt should be for MSS. It's amazing just where the act of making love will take one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Lynn. Now that I've finally figured out how to participate I'll be a regular contributor.

    ReplyDelete